Weathertightness testing is undertaken to determine a how efficient a window or door product is in terms of its air permeability, watertightness and resistance to wind loads.
From our UKAS accredited in-house laboratory, Build Check offers you an independent and professional testing service designed to save you time and money. Build Check engineers have extensive regulatory knowledge and product development expertise and with this can guide you through the testing process with ease.
Using our custom-built weather-testing rig, we are able to accommodate samples of up to 3000mm high and 3000mm wide.
Build Check is UKAS accredited for British and European testing standards including:
- Testing of windows and doors to BS 6375:2015 Part 1
- Air permeability to BS EN 1026:2016
- Watertightness to BS EN 1027:2016
- Resistance to wind load to BS EN 12211:2016
Build Check also offer the following non UKAS accredited testing services:
- BFRC air permeability
- NSAI air permeability
- Research and development testing for new product development
Weathertightness testing is also a requirement for the UK Police security initiative, Secured by Design (SBD).